Showing parents how to help their children succeed
Serving schools and families since 1990
How to fund your subscription
There are many important reasons to subscribe to a parent involvement newsletter. Meaningful family engagement reaps numerous benefits, from improving student attendance, behavior, and social skills to raising test scores and overall academic achievement. Here are suggested ways to cover the cost so you can send home personalized parent involvement publications to families in your school community.
Three ways to cover the cost:
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Under the Every Student Succeeds Act, school districts must reserve at least 1% of their Title I funds* for parent and family engagement activities, including dissemination of information. These federal funds can be used for activities that:
- show parents how to support their children’s achievement
- help teachers and school staff engage families effectively
- provide materials to assist parents in working with their children
- give parents information in a format and in language they can understand
RFE publications are uniquely positioned to meet those needs by providing practical guidance, useable tips, and hands-on activities that help parents engage with their children to achieve school success. Every RFE publication is:
- written in easy-to-understand language and includes inviting original illustrations to make the content user-friendly for all parents
- available in Spanish as well as English, broadening the audience that will benefit from the family engagement information
- research- and evidence-based, relying on best practices and review of the latest and most accurate information from the field
- professionally written, extensively reviewed, and independently produced
* This requirement applies to districts receiving at least $500,000 under Title I.
Your school’s PTA or PTO exists to engage families, build strong schools, and bring educators and parents together to help every child reach his or her potential. Sending home tips and information to help students succeed is a key way to meet those goals. Encourage your PTA or PTO to fund a subscription for your school. It can even be personalized with the PTA or PTO group’s name, if desired. Here is a sample email you could send to your PTA or PTO leader.
Local groups and businesses
The organizations and businesses in your community want your students to succeed. After all, your students are likely the children of organization members and business owners and employees. They may be happy to lend a helping hand by funding a subscription to a parent engagement publication. And they’ll have the option of putting your school’s name—and/or their organization or business name on every issue that is sent home. Here is a sample email you could send to a local organization or business leader.
- RFE accepts payment by check or credit card.
- Although we don’t require a purchase order, you are more than welcome to submit one. Just provide the shipping and billing information, including contact names, addresses, phone numbers and emails, the publication(s) you’re subscribing to, and what you would like on your two lines of free personalization.
- To request a price quote, complete this form, and we will email a quote to you within one business day.
For any questions, please contact our friendly Customer Service Team at 800-394-5052 or email@example.com.
RFE is not affiliated with any government agency, private group, or political or religious organization. We receive no outside funding or grants. Subscription sales comprise the sole source of our funding.
TO: [PTA/PTO] President
SUBJECT: Subscription to personalized parent engagement newsletter for our school
I know there’s no shortage of ways to spend [PTA/PTO] funds, but I’ve come across an easy—and cost-efficient—way to reach all the parents in our school with practical tips to help their children succeed. There’s a line of parent involvement newsletters that provide advice, information, and suggestions for academic success, better parenting, and positive character development.
With a one-year subscription, we could send a print and/or digital copy to the parents of each student every month, September through May. As a bonus, the newsletter can be personalized—with the [PTA/PTO’s] name and/or the name of our school, your choice.
I hope you’ll agree that this would make for a terrific use of [PTA/PTO] funds. For more information, visit rfeonline.com, or give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
TO: Community organization leader or Business owner
SUBJECT: Subscription to personalized parent engagement newsletter for xxx School
As you probably know, when parents are involved in their children’s education, school success soars. But did you know that parent engagement actually leads to improved student attendance, behavior, and social skills—as well as to higher test scores and academic achievement?
You may be wondering … what does this have to do with you? Our school—and the families in our school community—could benefit greatly from the tips, advice, and practical information in the parent involvement newsletter, [xxx]. Each monthly issue includes suggestions aimed at academic success, better parenting, and positive character development.
We are looking for your support in funding this valuable resource—and bringing this information to our community. Plus, you’ll be helping [members of your own organization/employees of your own business] whose children attend our school, as well as helping those children to be more well-prepared citizens and representatives of our community in the future.
With a one-year subscription, we could send a print and/or digital copy to the parents of each student every month, September through May. As a bonus, the newsletter can be personalized—with your [organization/business] name and/or the name of our school, your choice.
I hope you’ll agree that this would make for a terrific partnership between your [organization/business] and our school! For more information, visit rfeonline.com, or give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Thank you for your consideration.